Anna Wallenten is a peak performance expert in Dubai, and one of her key messages to her clients is that life is determined by choices.
As she wrote to her social media followers in a recent post: “Are you choosing to see this quarantine as a waiting game where you just sit every day waiting for your life to ‘get back to normal’? Or do you see this as a gift and an opportunity for internal work and creating a clear vision for the next chapter of your life?”
Here are the five tips Wallenten gives for adopting a more positive focus:
- Create clear rituals every day. This will help you to feel like you are in charge of designing your day as opposed to being a victim of your circumstances.
- Write down five things you are grateful for and five happy memories every night before bed. Start every morning with a gratitude meditation before you check any news, emails or social media. This will honor a mindset of peacefulness and set you up for a great day.
- Do some sort of movement every day for 30 minutes.
- Ask yourself this question every day: “What is good about my situation right now?” Your brain will start to look for possibilities instead of focusing on feeling stuck and helpless. There is always something good to focus on in our life.
- Think about what you have always wanted to have time for but told yourself you never did: read a book you have been wanting to read, learn a language, Zoom with family and friends, lay out a puzzle, clean the cupboard, learn to cook, dance in your home. Get creative with your mind.
And remember: What you focus on becomes your life.